Monday, February 20, 2012

Hobby .22

This weekend was our second reception in Independence, MO. The flight out was uneventful other than my husband, who usually carries 1 handgun, 1 small hunting knife, and 1 small pocket knife with him, remembered to check the gun but not the knives. So he took them out to the parking garage at the SLC International Airport and dropped them in a bush. We will see if they are there when we get back tonight. Luckily the .22 pistol we brought made it just fine and we went out with a friend to shoot it this morning.

The little .22 is technically mine. I got my conceal carry permit in April, before I even really met David, but never got a gun. I wanted to feel comfortable with them before I bought my own. David however has at least half a dozen guns and considers ammunition part of food storage. Needless to say he was eager for me to have my own gun. We looked around for a few months and never found anything I really loved, but when we found the .22 handgun for such a good deal we decided to get it. Inexpensive to shoot, easy to use, and not much of a kick, it was perfect for a starter gun for me.

We got it probably almost a month ago but haven't had time to shoot it so David was very excited to bring it on our weekend outing to give it a try. So eager in fact that the morning after we got here he took the first opportunity to shoot it out the backdoor. I think my ears were ringing for half an hour. This morning was my turn and we went to the shooting range to try at targets. I didn't hit a single bulls-eye but I did manage to get pretty good groupings in the target. So far so good. We'll see how this hobby pans out.

PS
I will eventually put up wedding pictures, or pictures in general for that matter, when I get a computer that can get pictures off of David's camera or learn to use David's computer, which ever comes first (probably a new computer because David's computer is hopeless).

No comments:

Post a Comment