Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Before and After

When we found our little two room apartment it had potential. Potential is code for it needed a lot of tender loving care. Or as my husband says, "There goes my Saturdays." I think it is coming along quite nicely.

 KITCHEN BEFORE
The kitchen sink
The horrible oven


Can you see how the top is caved in? 
This is the nastiness underneath the stove top
Our flour bin, isn't it cute?




 KITCHEN AFTER

My set of shelves I got for $15 on KSL.
Ceramic containers for $1 each at DI. Keeps the mess a little more organized. 

Decorative storage above the cupboards. My bridal bouquet, adorable gravy boat, hat I wear in the summer, and candles and bubbly for a special evening. 

View of the whole kitchen.
Swedish tiles under the cupboards. A tradition in my family for at least 4 generations.

Our cute little table.
It was the table my dad refinished for my mom when they were newlywed, and now he refinished it for me.
The chairs match the stain almost perfectly and we got them at DI. 

Incase you were wondering what we do with our flour drawer now you know: Cereal.
Originally it had our sheets, but they are now wrapped on wrapping paper tubes and sitting in the oblong section of our shelving.  
My green onion plant to keep my chive plant company. 

My brand "new" oven my wonderful husband got for me!
 It was even clean, the top isn't caved in and there are no bare wires! I'm so spoiled. 

Another great DI find.
I used cardboard and wrapping paper to cover the front.


I think our little kitchen turned out unexpectedly functional and pretty cute. And as my husband will attest, "Never underestimate the importance of cute."



1 comment:

  1. It has been fun living here with you Love. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete